A few essentials for the Australian Summer..
1. LACK OF COLOR The Mirage fedora / The ultimate classic felt fedora. I’ve been wanting one for ages, and my straw fedora that was a similar colourway has just been crushed beyond recognition. Is that a sign or what?
2. TOM FORD Carrie sunnies at Vision Direct / Oversized sunnies are great for keeping the sun out of your eyes and half your face. Love these oversized round ones by Tom Ford – the gold details strike a perfect balance between classic and modern, with just the right amount of glamour. This + hat + sunscreen = minimal sun damage!
3. SHISEIDO Urban Environment Sunscreen / This really should be my #1 essential. I never ever leave home without sunscreen, if I do I’ve probably run out and am on my way to buy some! Over the years I’ve used a really broad range of brands but I love this broad spectrum one that is not currently yet available in Asia Pacific (it’s available online here). It has a great non-greasy formulation and also doubles as a primer.
4. ZIMMERMANN Instinct dress / I love lazy dressing so I rely a lot on basics with detail. This light jersey dress is perfect for throwing on over your swimmers, but also good enough to wear on it’s own.
5. DION LEE Purity Bikini (also available in black) / Love at first sight! I’m currently trying hard to justify the acquisition of this Summer must-have (I have about 15 pairs of swimwear already!). The architectural structure of this neoprene bikini is such an eye catcher. I bet it looks good thrown over a dress / worn over a shirt too.